|Battered King Prawns|
This recipe is for 8 - 12 Lemon King Prawns, if you want to make more just use another egg and more corn flour.
1 Large Egg
1 Tablespoon Tamari Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
Juice of 1 Lemon
Zest of 1 Lemon
Oil for frying (I use corn, groundnut or for a fuller flavour sesame)
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Defrost the prawns if frozen and devein
|Always Devein Prawns|
- Break the egg into a flat bottomed container and whisk
- Add the tamari soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and salt, mix until even
- Zest the lemon straight into the container then juice and add
- Put the prawns into the lemon marinade and cover both sides
- Put into the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes
- Put a couple of heaped tablespoons of corn flour into a flat bottomed container
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and place into the flour in a single layer
|Corn Flour Is A Must Have Ingredient When Gluten Free|
- Shake the container to completely cover the prawns in flour
|Shaken Not Stirred|
- Heat a frying pan on high and add enough oil to cover the bottom
- Once the oil is hot add the prawns
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until thoroughly pink
- Drain on kitchen paper
|Lemon King Prawns, Done|
If you're a regular reader you may have noticed a few little changes to the blog. There was going to be a complete overhaul of design a while back but my designer had more pressing things (i.e. actual paid work) to focus on so it's been delayed. I still wanted Free From G to have an update though so I added a popular posts section a week or so back and now there's a navigation bar up top and related posts section at the bottom of each..... post.
One day Free From G might actually look a bit professional, in the meantime we'll carry on regardless.
It's nearly the WEEKEND!