|Gluten Free Taco In Homemade Shell|
Though there are quite a few steps to making these I wouldn't call them time consuming and so long as you've got great tortillas to begin with you're sure to end up with great Taco Shells, simple really.
1 Cup (250ml) Masa Harina
200ml Knorr Stock Pot Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons Corn Oil
|Stand Up Taco Shells|
- Make the tortillas (here's a step by step guide to making gluten free tortillas, it's really easy)
- Preheat oven to 180C (190C non fan ovens)
- Once the tortillas have been dry fried and have cooled stack them and place in tin foil
- Wrap them up and place into the oven for 6 minutes to lightly steam
- Remove from oven and unwrap (leave oven on)
|Steamed And Pliable|
- Brush each side of the tortillas with the oil
|Funky Brush Shot|
- Open the oven and pull the rack slightly out
- Carefully bend each tortilla to fit the middle over two rack wires (this will give it the base to stand)
|Perfect Sized Rack|
As for the filling, this is what we had:
|Sour Cream Out Of Shot|
A messy kitchen:
As mentioned, I made the tortillas 5" in diameter so these taco shells are quite small. From the ingredients listed it made 10 shells, you can of course make them whatever size you want, double the size would be average so you would get 6 if doing so. I like the Pixie size though, I've got a dainty mouth. What comes out of it though maybe not so.
Another experiment that worked, I'm getting quite good at this!