|Pork, Shiitake Mushrooms and Spring Onions|
For that reason recently when making Burgers I've been using no oil to cook them, instead I've been grilling them and I actually prefer that cooking method now. Less mess and washing up too. Because we mince our own pork we can limit the fat content so these are pretty healthy with lots of fresh ingredients.
|Special Ingredient, Hoisin Sauce|
400g Pork Mince
3 Tablespoons Homemade Hoisin Sauce
3 Spring Onions
3 Large Shiitake Mushrooms
The Hoisin Sauce is packed full of flavour so that's why there are so few ingredients.
- Preheat the grill to medium high
- Chop the spring onions quite small
|Lovely Fresh Flavour|
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms
- Put the pork mince into a bowl and add the chopped onions and mushrooms
|Oriental Burger Mix|
- Mix together
- Cover a grill pan with tin foil
- Place the patties onto the pan and cook for 10 minutes
- Turn and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Remove from grill and serve
From 400g of Pork Mince you would usually get 4 large burgers. As you can see there are only 3 here, I used around 100g of the mix for a different recipe, it's a good one and will be up tomorrow if you're interested, it's in keeping with the Oriental theme but not necessarily the low calorie one. Oops.