|Good Old Fashion Comfort|
For me Boiled Bacon is a classic from my childhood, a one pot wonder that my Mum who has always hated cooking would whip up on a regular basis, it's utter comfort and ridiculously simple to make. Totally going back to basics which I love.
800g Smoked Gammon Joint
|Smoked Is By Far The Best|
410g Tin of Pease Pudding
If you aren't familiar with Pease Pudding it's that yellow/beige stuff in the bowl, I know, it's not the most appealing looking foodstuff but I think it's delish the way that I prepare it. The main ingredient is Split Yellow Peas other than that it's just Water, Salt and Spices.
|Good Old Fashioned Grub|
Look at the serving suggestions on the back of the tin, they always make me laugh.
2 Knorr Chicken Stock Pots
|Excellent Gluten Free Stock|
Minimum ingredients that create maximum flavour.
- Fill a large pan halfway with cold water and put on the hob on high
- Add the stock pots
- Peel and slice the onion, add to the pan
- Prep the carrots if needed and add to the pan
- Remove the packaging from the gammon and put in the pan
- Cover with a lid, bring to the boil then simmer for 2 1/2 hours
|This Smells Amazing|
For the Pease Pudding:
- Once the bacon has cooked open the tin (yes I've stooped to new recipe lows)
- Put into a microwavable dish
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the cooking gravy and mix
- Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes (no way would I bother heating in a pan but you can)
|I Love This Stuff|
|Gluten Free Goodness|